-->

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Okay Kids, Here's the Thing About In-laws

When you get married, if your spouse still has a relationship with his/her parents, so will you. I've heard about many, many gnarley in-law interactions. One of my favorites is when a friend of mine, pregnant with her fourth child, went to share the news with her M-I-L. After doing so, the MIL got up, walked out the door, and drove away.

I can't say that some of the stories I've heard aren't humorous, and just like marriage, there really are no "perfect" relationship when it comes to parents, but there are definitely positive ones.

The number One reason for in-law discord: Boundaries. Have healthy ones, insist that those in your circle respect them, and if they don't, make a change.

My mother-in-law has been here for the past 24 hours. She's uber-helpful, respectful, and loves, loves my kids. Plus, we laugh. It's a pretty good time, and I appreciate her. And, I need all the help I can get right now.

I would love to hear your greatest in-law moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment